Echoes in a Nomad's head

Due to problems with Blogger, I've MOVED! Come visit my new home here

Friday, February 11, 2005

Pet Peeve #2

Or maybe it's #3, if you include the SUV rant. Or maybe #4, if you count lack of honesty & courtesy in certain individuals. Or maybe #378, if you count all the peeves with politics. Wow, I guess I'm just in a peeving mood lately. Of course, now I've forgotten what the peeve was.

Oh, yeah! It's the blogs on BlogAzoo and BlogExplosion. Not the content of the blogs. Well, yeah in a way. You see, when I first started surfing those two, I thought it was really cool. It introduced me to a plethora of new blogs and people. But after using them for a while, I've become frustrated with the repetition and lack of updates. It seems that I am continually directed to the same blogs over and over and over and over. I've gotten kinda tired of seeing the same blog 4-5 times in a 20 minute span. But what's most aggrivating is that it seems that the majority of these repeaters apparently spend so much time building up credits that they neglect their blogs. Now, I'm not so anal as to expect daily updates . . . I mean, some folks actually have a life outside of blogdom, and that's fine. But if you're not going to post anything new for weeks, or even months, then take your frickin' blog out of the rotation!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled non-ranting programming.

7 Comments:

  • At 10:38 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree, so I am so sorry is you have seen my blog ALOT. But hey are you one of those people who just stay to the counter and not even read or comment? That is like my number one pet peeve.

     
  • At 10:50 AM PST, Blogger . said…

    "a life outside of blogdom"... I don't get it. What does that mean? :)

    I like to watch where my readers are coming from and I see so many people just fly through without clicking anywhere or doing anything.

    So every now and then I post something special and I have tweaked my blog software not to display the special stuff to "surfers"!!

     
  • At 11:24 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I share your pet peeve. Here's a comment after I clicked just to make you feel better.

     
  • At 12:16 PM PST, Blogger Suzanne said…

    *holding a hand up sheepishly in the air....I update pretty regularily. Try coming by my place.

     
  • At 1:03 PM PST, Blogger Phil said…

    irishbreen: No. I'll use my 20-30 seconds to "scan" the page and read a little. If it interests me, I'll read large portions. I even "blogmark" the ones that really interest me. But, to be honest, the vast majority of blogs don't make it past my 30 second scan. That's not to say they're not quality blogs, they just don't hold any interest to me, personally. And, admittedly, any blog devoted to Survivor, American Idol, The Apprentice, or ones that I've seen 100 times before since the last update become "timer watchers" :)

     
  • At 1:12 PM PST, Blogger RisibleGirl said…

    Amen Bro!

     
  • At 6:41 PM PST, Blogger Arethusa said…

    I refuse to give every single blog a read and a comment so I must be the No. 1 pet peeve for gamazillions of bloggers out there. Hey if yuo like what I write I appreciate the blogmark, subscribe, bookmark etc. You don't even have to comment although I appreciate it. But I only expect people to stay longer than 30 seconds if my blog rates a glance for them, otherwise surf away!

    To your pet peeve Phil, that used to happen in my early days of BE. Now I only surf when I update my blog so I don't get as many repetitions.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home