Echoes in a Nomad's head

Due to problems with Blogger, I've MOVED! Come visit my new home here

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Quotables

Welcome to the First Innagural Annual Semi-Bi-Monthly Movie Quotes Quiz (Disclaimer: The title is not a garuntee, expressed nor implied, of future quizzes). Okay, so basically I had no clue what to blog about today, so I grabbed 10 random DVDs from my collection, played a (somewhat) random scene and selected quotes. Your job is to identify the movies. Some are rather obvious, while others are fairly obscure quotes from even more obscure movies. Best of luck, and no cheating.

**Updated to include correct answers already given (assuming Blogger will actually work right!)**

1. Failure is not an option.
Apollo 13 (answered by Amie)

2. Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up! <------favorite
Army of Darkness (answered by Tom)

3. The laws are medieval down here. You know what the minimum age for execution is in Alabama? Ten!
My Cousin Vinny (answered by Dumb Poet)

4. We'll always have our memories. The Colonel's dead, and here we are enjoying his chicken."
Strange Brew (answered by K.Restoule)

5. I'm not busy and I'm not drunk. Fact is there ain't enough whiskey in the state of Georgia to get me drunk enough.
The Legend of Bagger Vance (answered by Goldberry)

6. Who else is gonna change the world, Marty? Greenpeace?"
Sneakers (answered by Dumb Poet)

7. I've broken juggers in half, smashed their bones and left the ground behind me wet with brains. I'd do anything to win. But I've never hurt a soul for any reason but to put a dog skull on a stake--and I never will."
Blood of Heroes (answered by Dumb Poet)

8. That's the second time I've had to watch that man sail away with my ship."
Pirates of the Caribbean (answered by Jin)

9. You don't frighten us, English pig-dogs! Go and boil your bottoms, sons of a silly person!"
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (answered by Dumb Poet)

10. Paulie was doing a year for contempt and he had this wonderful system for garlic.
Goodfellas (answered by Dumb Poet)

Bonus points of you can figure out which of the above is my favorite.

9 Comments:

  • At 1:02 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The only one that I THINK I know is number 5. I want to say that is Legend Of Bagger Vance spoken by Matt Damon.

    Just a guess. All others quotes - I will share and let the others have a chance.

    I can hardly remember my phone number, let alone movie quotes.

    While I am here, I like reading your site.

     
  • At 1:18 PM PST, Blogger Kim said…

    Ugh! I don't know a single one, though I do notice that a lot of the quotes have to do with the South... oh, and that you and I both share an affinity for Albert Einstein, lol. I've marked ya though, so I can see what the answers are... Thanks!

     
  • At 9:01 PM PST, Blogger Phil said…

    Well, one down, nine to go lol

    Come on people! They're not all that difficult, are they?

    And thanks, Goldberry & Kim . . . glad you like my stuff :)

     
  • At 10:25 PM PST, Blogger K. Restoule said…

    I know number 4 is from Strange Brew. "I wanted to name my dog Hosehead as well but my mom wouldn't let me"

     
  • At 12:18 AM PST, Blogger amiethinggoes said…

    Hmmm.....???
    1. Failure is not an option.- Apollo 13
    5. I'm not busy and I'm not drunk. Fact is there ain't enough whiskey in the state of Georgia to get me drunk enough.- Legend Of Bagger Vance
    8. That's the second time I've had to watch that man sail away with my ship."- Pirates of the Caribbean

     
  • At 12:24 PM PST, Blogger Dumb Poet said…

    Ok here goes:
    1. Appollo 13
    2. Taxi Driver
    3. My Cousin Vinny
    4.
    5.
    6. Sneakers
    7. Blood of Heros
    8. Pirates of the Carribean
    9. Monty Pytho and the Holy Grail
    10, Goodfellas

     
  • At 12:24 PM PST, Blogger Dumb Poet said…

    Ok here goes:
    1. Appollo 13
    2. Taxi Driver
    3. My Cousin Vinny
    4.
    5.
    6. Sneakers
    7. Blood of Heros
    8. Pirates of the Carribean
    9. Monty Pytho and the Holy Grail
    10, Goodfellas

     
  • At 12:25 PM PST, Blogger Dumb Poet said…

    Ok here goes:
    1. Appollo 13
    2. Taxi Driver
    3. My Cousin Vinny
    4.
    5.
    6. Sneakers
    7. Blood of Heros
    8. Pirates of the Carribean
    9. Monty Pytho and the Holy Grail
    10, Goodfellas

     
  • At 2:58 PM PST, Blogger Der Tommissar said…

    The last one on your list is from "Army of Darkness"

    now if that one, or Strange Brew is your favorite you get serious bonus points from me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home