Echoes in a Nomad's head

Due to problems with Blogger, I've MOVED! Come visit my new home here

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Of course I saw Disney

Yes, I realize that many folks feel the Disney Corporation is evil incarnate. Truth be told, I'm not entirely fond of them. They've screwed up many true stories, myths, legends and whatnot in their movie making, and have done/tried some incredibly ludicrous things (like wanting to turn Gettysburg into an amusement park). But, I'm not so entirely opposed to them that I won't visit their parks (especially when given a free ticket). And in my opinion, no trip to Orlando would be complete without at least a quick visit to the "happiest place on Earth". Since I've been told by numerous folks that Disneyworld and Disneyland are virtual clones, and I've been to Disneyland more than once, I opted out of that one. And since I visitted Kennedy Space Center a few days prior, I figured Epcot wasn't that great a choice. So, off to Animal Kingdom I went.


That elephant had even bigger ears than the famous mouse. Posted by Hello

The Safarri "ride" was by far the best attraction there. Even though the animals weren't incredibly active (noon-time in Florida), I still saw quite a few of them. Cheetahs, gnus, zebra, antalope, gazelle, elephants, birds, lions, tigers and gorillas (oh my!) throughout the park. Fun, informative and just generally enjoyable. Lots of cool looking animals, and even more than one cute female workers.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:40 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love zoos so much! I want to work in one! :^)

    http://pimme.blog-city.com

     
  • At 11:25 PM PST, Blogger amiethinggoes said…

    hmmm animal kingdom! isiting ur relatives (joke joke joke) :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home