Echoes in a Nomad's head

Due to problems with Blogger, I've MOVED! Come visit my new home here

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

It's just cheating, I tell ya!

Over the past few years, I've gotten into the habit of rather rapidly closing the door when various types of people come knocking. You know the ones . . . people selling magazine subscriptions, religious salvation, coupon books, court summonses, etc. I've contemplated putting up one of those "No Soliciting" signs, but honestly I don't mind it too much when the neighborhood kids come buy selling things to raise funds their school, band trips, etc. I figure in all other situations, the "Not interested " works just fine. But lately, the Mormons have been cheating. They've been sending around really cute girls. Do you realize how difficult it is to slam a door in the face of a cute, smiling girl? Damn near impossible, I tell ya. So it's just plain not fair for them to keep sending them to my house. It's dirty pool. Cheating. Not fair in the slightest.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:15 PM PST, Blogger Ms Mac said…

    Now you see what we dirty old women have been dealing with! Cute boys all smart and shirt and tied, smiling, twinkling eyes..... Not interested, thanks!

     
  • At 12:26 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You got to watch those wiley Mormons.

     
  • At 12:38 AM PST, Blogger Arethusa said…

    I loved it when the Mormons came by: I used to have about five Mormon bibles in the house at one point. I ALMOST convinced one that a date would be a good idea but the whole Anglican thing didn't go over too well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home