Echoes in a Nomad's head

Due to problems with Blogger, I've MOVED! Come visit my new home here

Monday, March 14, 2005

Hit parade

I'm not usually into "reality" TV shows. About the only one I've ever found mildly amusing was Surreal Life . . . something about a group of hasbeen and wannabe stars trying to (re)claim their status through a show designed primarily to poke fun at them is rather amusing. And of course, the auditions phase of American Idol is always good for some laughs. But other than that, the only reason I would consider even giving a "reality" show half a chance is if it had some really cute girls on it. But even then, they usually suck so bad I can't stand to watch them. No offense to you "reality" addicts out there.

But I've caught 2 episodes of The Contender, and so far really like it. Definitely no cute girls, but watching the friendships, tensions/rivalries, "behind the scenes" of the boxers' family lives, the training, and yeah, the boxing itself, is pretty cool. This is doubly surprising since I'm not a boxing fan either. But they're doing a really good job on the show. "They" being both the contestants and the producers.

As a side note, I was very happy to see Ishe win his bought last night . . . that Ahmed guy was just a severe prick. Even his own teammates wanted him to shut his yap.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home