Echoes in a Nomad's head

Due to problems with Blogger, I've MOVED! Come visit my new home here

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Ziff! Pow! Boff!

So I went out and rented Daredevil and The Hulk last night. Kinda pathetic really . . . the only reason I watched them was so that I could say (with honesty) that to the best of my knowledge I have seen every comic book movie made. And that not only includes the recent ones like X-Men, Spiderman, Elektra and their various sequels, but also slightly older comic book classics (like the entire Superman and Batman series'), plus the old campy made-for-TV comic movies of the '60's and '70's (Batman, Spiderman, Captain America, The Hulk). Actually, when one stops to think about it, there have been quite a few!

Anywho, I was actually somewhat pleasantly surprised with The Hulk. Really didn't seem all that interesting when it was in theaters. But it was actually quite good . . . at least, good enough to overlook the fact that the main character was entirely computer generated. Not to mention the fact that I was completely blown away with the gorgeousness of Jennifer Connelly. Don't get me wrong--I've known she was a hottie for ages. But I haven't seen her in a while and in this movie she was just plain and simple . . . WOW! Not sure what it was, but, yeah--WOW!

But I digress. I'm trying to verify that I have, indeed, seen all the comic book movies to date . . . if anyone knows of one not on the below list (in the random order I remember them), I'd appreciate you letting me know (note: I'm talking about movies based on an existing comic book, not just movies with a comic book feel/theme or based on superheroes created solely for the movie):

Superman (1 - 4); Batman (1 - 4, plus the TV movie w/Adam West, plus Mask of the Phantasm); Spiderman (1 & 2, plus the 2-3 TV ones in the '70's); Captain America (2 TV movies); X-Men (1 & 2); Catwoman; Elektra; Daredevil; The Hulk (plus the 6-7 TV ones); The Punisher; Spawn; The Crow; Blade (1 - 3); Hellboy; Supergirl; Wonderwoman (the TV stuff); Howard the Duck . . . am I missing anything that's been released yet?

Update: Forgot about The Shadow, The Phantom, the Dolph Lundgren Punisher, Flash Gordon, Barbarella, Conan the Barbarian (and Destroyer), Dick Tracy, Doc Savage, Josie and the Pussycats, Men in Black (1 & 2), Swamp Thing, Sheena, and TMNT (1 - 3), all of which I've seen. However, I also forgot about Mystery Men and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, neither of which I've seen. Dammit. Now I guess I have to go rent them.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:48 AM PST, Blogger Ms Mac said…

    Wasn't that Barb Wire Pamela Anderson a comic book thing?
    I have no idea.

     
  • At 8:04 AM PST, Blogger Phil said…

    Could be, Ms. Mac. I'm not sure. But I've seen that one too, so I'm covered if it is (hey, if I'm willing to admit to seeing Howard the Duck, why should I be embarrassed about seeing Barb Wire?)

     
  • At 8:59 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OHG - you actually LIKED Hulk? Lordy, I'm a bit of a comic book fan, while I haven't seen all the comics changed into movies, I've seen alot of them and for the most part I like them - EXCEPT Hulk. When the green guy was on the screen it was very intertaining, when he wasn't it was snore time. I really found THAT movie to be slow, plodding, painfully boring between 'green guy' scenes. Glad someone liked it, but everyone that I know who has seen it hated the painful time spent waiting for Hulk to show up on the screen again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home