Echoes in a Nomad's head

Due to problems with Blogger, I've MOVED! Come visit my new home here

Saturday, February 12, 2005

What are they thinking?

Anyone who's read my blog for for any length of time knows my stance on President Bush. And anyone who knows me in person knows my disappointment with the Democrats is just as strong. To be honest, I don't see much difference between the two parties . . . neither one truly cares about the American people. They both put their own interests above everything else. But I do believe that the Democratic Party took an even bigger turn for the worse today when they announced that Howard Dean has been elected to lead them. During the Primaries, the thought of Dean making it to the Oval Office scared the bejeezes out of me. Granted, Bush scares the crap out of me too. But at least with Bush, we know what we're getting. Dean's objectives were always shrouded in mystery. I recall one debate (the 1st Democratic one, I believe) where Dean & Kerry got into an exchange . . . Kerry kept hounding him with a question that Dean flat out refused to answer. He'd give a typical political response that pretended to be an answer but wasn't. And Kerry kept pointing out that he wasn't answering the question, so would ask it again. Dean would just get that stupid looking, guilt-ridden smirk (it reminded me of a little kid who just messed his underpants and wasn't quite sure if it was funny or if he'd be in trouble) and refuse to answer the question again. He did this several times during the debates. Anyway, the point is, Dean is the stereotypical, two-faced, wouldn't-know-honesty-if-it-bit-him-in-the-arse, huckster politician, who'll do and say anything to get what he wants. I see bad things for the Democrats coming . . .

4 Comments:

  • At 2:37 PM PST, Blogger JustaDog said…

    "To be honest, I don't see much difference between the two parties" - think you need to do some simple studying Phil.

    I don't belong to either party and would have voted for Lieberman had he been in a position to do so, but the choices before the people were way too obvious.

    http://wheresyourbrain.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 2:10 PM PST, Blogger Phil said…

    Maddie, let me clarify. Yes, there are a lot of differences between the two paties on the surface. The speeches they make, the "stances" they take on various issues, etc. But at their core there is really no difference. The major, driving force behind both parties is power and money. Neither party will ever put the interests of America over their own. Both parties can always be counted on to do what's in their best interests. And that is what I meant by "I don't see much difference".

     
  • At 8:21 PM PST, Blogger amiethinggoes said…

    non-political comment...."Happy Valentines day to you Phil! Where are you going to take your date?

     
  • At 3:48 AM PST, Blogger Ms Mac said…

    Happy Valentine's Day Phil! kiss kiss!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home