Echoes in a Nomad's head

Due to problems with Blogger, I've MOVED! Come visit my new home here

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Oh, this is not good

I leave for Florida the day after tomorrow, and I'm coming down with a cold. Colds themselves don't bug me too much--sure, they're annoying, but it's usually tolerable for me. The problem is flying when my sinuses are acting up or plugged. During the landings, instead of my ears giving a simple "pop", I suffer excruciating pain in my ears. And I do mean excruciating. Heck, coming back from Pennsylvania once, my brother had to help guide me off the plane and through the terminal, I was so disoriented. And I've practically blacked out from the pain at least once. So yeah, flying with a cold isn't a good thing for me. Hopefully a constant stream of NyQuil plus some Benadril before the flight will stave things off. If not, anyone in Denver (layover) and Orlando should be able to know exactly when my plane lands, from the scream of pain coming from the skies.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:07 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You mustn't fly! You could really damage your ears.

     
  • At 10:54 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hear ya had a good trip... ;)

    jonasgrumby

     
  • At 1:40 PM PST, Blogger Phil said…

    Ammo Gal: You'll be happy to hear no damage done to the ears. Between the pre- and during-flight Benedril, and the the spearamint Eclipse gum (that stuff clears the sinuses in a jiffy, I discovered), no problems whatsoever.

    Jonas: Yeah, had a great time. I just hope the Froot Loop and Llama girl weren't TOOOO bored with the old fart nomad :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home