Echoes in a Nomad's head

Due to problems with Blogger, I've MOVED! Come visit my new home here

Friday, February 04, 2005

No good deed goes unpunished

Eeeesh . . . can you believe it? Two teenage girls decide to do something nice for their neighbors. No special reason. Give the neighbors some home made cookies just for the heck of it. Something that's not common enough in this country (the "doing something nice just because" part--we probably have way too many cookies), and what's their reward? A lawsuit. Personally, I think these girls should be applauded for their consideration and good deed, instead of forced to pay the medical bills of a hypersensitive paranoid twit.

6 Comments:

  • At 5:26 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thats crazy! So is everythng else in this wrold though :-/

    -Marie http://mayreee.com

     
  • At 9:10 AM PST, Blogger Andrea Knapp said…

    I read this too (BTW I see you linked on Ms Macs site!!!). I agree with you wholeheartedly, however....... 2 girls (the article makes it sound like they are 12 and 13-ish) who are 17 and 18 should know better than to go to an old persons house AT THAT TIME and want it to be surprise! I'm telling you, I'D be surprised if they came to mine and I'm only 35!

    But I DO agree with you!

     
  • At 9:35 AM PST, Blogger golfwidow said…

    I'm sorry those girls got punished in that way, and I'm also sorry that woman was heartless enough to sue them (I do think she was totally overreacting AND profiting far more than she deserved to), but it's that whole banging-on-the-door-at-night thing that was not so much malicious as it was extremely poor judgment.

    Also, if someone says, "Who's there?" at that time of night, the least threatening thing to do would be to answer, even if it would "spoil the surprise."

    I know they were only young girls, but I also know I had that much common sense when I was a teenager (cookies weren't invented yet, as fire hadn't yet been discovered, but that's beside the point).

     
  • At 2:20 PM PST, Blogger Ms Mac said…

    it's completely ridiculous from start to finish if you ask me BUT I'm so looking forward to being that cranky old woman when I grow up!

     
  • At 8:43 PM PST, Blogger Arethusa said…

    I think that woman's a grumpy bitch and karma will bite her in the ass some day. Poor judgement or not, time or night or what, after the explanation there was no reason for her to go and SUE.

     
  • At 8:45 PM PST, Blogger darth said…

    totally screwed up...hope the other neighbors pitch in to help them out, just on principle alone.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home