Echoes in a Nomad's head

Due to problems with Blogger, I've MOVED! Come visit my new home here

Monday, February 14, 2005

Love is in the air

At least, that's what "they" claim. Personally, I've grown to hate V-Day. Not because I think it's a manufactured holiday created by the candy & greeting card industries. That's fine by me. The reason I have come to despise this day is that, in all my years, I have never had a girlfriend on this day. And that's rather depressing. There've been a few times I've "used" the day to try and start a relationship with someone I like. But it's never been a success (and even once was connected to a total disaster). Now I know what some of you are thinking . . . I should just go out, have fun, and maybe even meet someone, cuz "love is in the air". But you see, I'm not really into the bar scene, and live in an area almost completely devoid of social activities, it's easier said than done.

Sorry for the string of gripe/peeve posts lately. Maybe it's the time of year. But no worries . . . I'll be back to my fun-loving self in no time, since I'll be leaving for Florida (for the Daytona 500 and visit w/friends) on Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home