Echoes in a Nomad's head

Due to problems with Blogger, I've MOVED! Come visit my new home here

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Cuteness

I didn't really watch the Grammys the other night. Not really interested, to be honest. But I did happen upon one bit with Lynyrd Skinner, Tim McGraw & Gretchen Wilson. On my trip to Colorado, I was subjected to a fair amount of country music, since my uncle was driving and he tends to like it. Now, I'm not really into country music, but have been known to tolerate it. Anywho, I recall this one song coming on the radio that really caught my attention . . . "Redneck Woman". While I don't really relate to being a redneck woman, I thought it was just a straight-forward fun song. Actually, that's the only kind of country music I actually enjoy . . . them country singer folk can surely put together some fun songs when they just kick back and enjoy themselves.

So, anyhow, there she was, the singer of "Redneck Woman", singing away during the Grammys. And what immediately popped into my mind? "Damn, she's cute!" That's another thing about country music . . . they sure do seem to have a lot of good looking female singers. I mean, good examples would be gals like Shania Twain, Martina McBride, Sara Evans and bunches of others. But there's just something about Gretchen Wilson that really, really caught my eye. I think it was the fact that she was looking so damn good without looking like she was trying to look so damn good. Y'know, she didn't look all dolled up . . . just dressed like a regular gal, and still looking terrific. So, I did a little Web-spelunkering to find out more about this little lovely. And how she can get away with singing a song like "Here for the Party" where she claims "I may not be a 10 but the boy say I clean up good" is amazing. Well, I certainly hope this post doesn't make me sound too much like a male pig, drooling over a pretty girl.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:16 PM PST, Blogger Ms Mac said…

    Hi Phil, you are so right about those country music chicks. They are gorgeous. Must be all that fresh country air, good for the soul and the skin!
    You don't sound like a dirty old man at all! Shame really, dirty old men are quite my style....

     
  • At 2:12 AM PST, Blogger amiethinggoes said…

    I'm not a fan of country music but I like a few songs of Shania Twain and Martina McBride.

     
  • At 2:58 PM PST, Blogger John Norton said…

    Southern rock is great. It's like country but better and more fun. Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman Brothers, Gov't Mule...those bands rock face.

     
  • At 11:23 PM PST, Blogger Arethusa said…

    I swear that it's a coincidence that I just did a post about country music.

    Get out of my head. :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home