Echoes in a Nomad's head

Due to problems with Blogger, I've MOVED! Come visit my new home here

Sunday, February 06, 2005

The Big Day

Well, it's here. The day every red-blooded, apple-pie loving American looks forward to each and every year. Anticipation grows from even before the first huddle of the season. Grocery store shelves are now devoid of beer, pork rinds, potatoe chips and popcorn. Men sit down with their sons and fathers, or friends and other family members. It is a day of rejoicing . . . of bonding . . . of sorrow and disappointment for some.

So, in just a few short hours, I (like most every other true American) will sit down in front of a TV to view the biggest event of the year (aside from the Daytona 500, that is). And it is my sincerest hope that we all enjoy the spectacular Super Bowl Commercials as much as in past years.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:57 PM PST, Blogger Unknown said…

    Looks like we are doing the same thing! My vote goes for the FedEx commerical!

     
  • At 3:27 AM PST, Blogger Ms Mac said…

    Who won? (The game, I mean, not the commercial contest!) And I take from the lack of hysteria that there were no wardrobe malfunctions this year!

     
  • At 11:18 AM PST, Blogger Brian said…

    With the exception of the GoDaddy.com ad, everybody kept their clothes on :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home