Echoes in a Nomad's head

Due to problems with Blogger, I've MOVED! Come visit my new home here

Sunday, February 27, 2005

3-2-1 Launch!

After travelling the entire width of the country to see the Daytona 500, I of course had to go see the sights of Florida. First stop was the Kennedy Space Center.


Saturn V & Apolla Command/Service Module Posted by Hello

Tons of cool stuff, including seeing various rockets, lunar lander, terrific information, the launch pads and component modules of the (planned) space station. It is, quite literally, awe inspiring. If you have any interest at all in the space program (and why wouldn't you?), then it's definitely worth the visit if you're ever out in Florida. The only bummer was that there wasn't a launch going on while I was there--now that would have been epic!

5 Comments:

  • At 10:43 AM PST, Blogger M. said…

    Thanks for your very nice comment on my blog! I appreciate it!

    cmesmyl.modblog.com

     
  • At 11:55 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was there when I was a kid. I'd like to visit again next time I am in Florida.

     
  • At 1:31 PM PST, Blogger Ms Mac said…

    Oh, very cool! My boys would love that!

     
  • At 1:42 PM PST, Blogger Arethusa said…

    That sounds like a very cool and interesting place to visit. I've been to Florida several times but I almost always spend more time in a boat than on land.

     
  • At 10:10 PM PST, Blogger amiethinggoes said…

    cool pic! why aren't u in it? :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home