Echoes in a Nomad's head

Due to problems with Blogger, I've MOVED! Come visit my new home here

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Who spiked my beer?

I had a beer with lunch today. That's actually unusual for me, btw. I'm not a big drinker. But I can handle my beer. And enjoy "harder" stuff every now and again. The only reason I had the one beer was because there's nothing else to drink in the house except water. And my Brita's broken. And trust me, drinking Salinas tap water is not going to happen. Anywho, my point is, I got buzzed. From one beer. One frickin' beer! How in the hell did that happen? And I'm serious . . . I can actually feel the buzz. Enough to where I don't feel comfortable getting behind the wheel. Usually takes a couple shots for me to feel like this. Maybe it was the combo of not eating all morning, then having the one beer with my pizza. I dunno. But if I find out one of you yay-hoos spiked my beer, I'm gonna be mildly irritated.

Update: Yes, I realize I was just at the grocery store yesterday, as per yesterday's entry. But I was so distracted by getting the last It's-It that I apparently forgot to purchse milk. And yes, I realize it was probably karma pay back for rubbing it in y'all's noses. But I stand by my "neener neener".

2 Comments:

  • At 4:43 PM PST, Blogger spydrz said…

    When I lived in Germany, the factory I worked for had beer machines on the work floor. Talk about having beer with lunch!! Those guys were operating heavy machinery!

     
  • At 12:15 PM PST, Blogger Jen said…

    Hehehe... definately not eating will do it!! I can get drunk off one drink but I'm pretty small so it doesn't take much to get me drunk.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home