Echoes in a Nomad's head

Due to problems with Blogger, I've MOVED! Come visit my new home here

Sunday, January 23, 2005

We are not alone

My cell phone plays these annoying little tunes when it turns on or off. Honestly, it's part of the reason I never turn it off. The sounds just annoy me. But I haven't figured out how to turn them off yet. Anywho, Friday night it dawned on me that I hadn't charged the phone in a while, and should probably do that the next day. Me being me, I forgot. So it didn't surprise me yesterday afternoon when, from another room in the house, I heard the annoying little tune of the phone shutting off. So, I went and got the phone, along with the charger, with the intent of (obviously) recharging the battery. But then I noticed something. The phone was turned on. And the battery was showing a half charge. Just for the heck of it, I turned it off, then back on. And it dawned on me that the tunes I heard were the ones it plays when turning on, not off like I had thought. So, apparently the phone had shut itself off for absolutely no reason without my noticing (not surprising, since there've been a couple times when I left the house without it), then mysteriously turned itself back on!

Shortly after moving into my house some 5+ years ago, my dog (who never barks) started growling and barking at thin air in the front room one day. Something really had his hackles up, but I couldn't figure out what. My sister claimed my house was haunted, but I just laughed it off. Now, after years of unexplained noises, items mysteriously disappearing only to reappear somewhere I know I wouldn't have put them, and now the cell phone incident, I'm not laughing things off. Starting to think maybe I should hire an exorcist . . . or maybe just sell the house & let the next owner deal with it.

For the time being, I think I'm going to call the ghost George, just because George is a good name for a ghost. So nobody tell George I'm looking to evict him. Cuz then he might go all poltergeist on me, or hire a hit ghost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home