Echoes in a Nomad's head

Due to problems with Blogger, I've MOVED! Come visit my new home here

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Matrix Revoltings

Way back when The Matrix came out, I was in awe. Plain and simple, it was a fabulous movie. Incredible action sequences, solid plotline, and just enough hint to get the viewer thinking philosophically. I saw it twice in the theaters (which is almost unheard of for me), and immediately bought it on DVD as soon as it was out. So, back when Matrix Reloaded hit theaters, I was really looking forward to another great movie. Unfortunately, for various reasons, I never made it to the box office for that one. And, of course, I didn't want to see Matrix Revolutions until I saw Reloaded. So, a few months back a friend of mine loaned me his Reloaded DVD. Wow, what a disappointment. Completely mindless action sequences designed entirely to "one up" the previous sequence; terrible "plot" (or, rather, what passed for a plot); numerous loopholes, contradictions and unanswered questions. All in all, a poor effort. Well, I figured it was about time I might as well rent Revolutions, just so I could say that I saw the whole trilogy. And wow, I had no idea it could have been worse than the second installment. The only portion of the movie that was even remotely fun was the APU scene . . . I'm even willing to overlook the incredibly lame-arse design of having a front-line, heavy armor unit with no front armor to protect the pilot. That sequence was just good fun. But that's it. No other redeaming qualities to that film at all. Really wish I had seen just the first one and left it at that. The Wachowski Brothers should be ashamed of ruining such a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home