Echoes in a Nomad's head

Due to problems with Blogger, I've MOVED! Come visit my new home here

Friday, January 28, 2005

It's what?

I happened to mention to an Internet friend the other day how much I liked It's-It ice creams. They used to be our "special treats" as kids growing up. Especially any time we went up to The City (SF--where they originated). She responded with "WTF is an It's-It?!" Neither she nor any of her friends had ever heard of them. And it got me to wondering, since she lives in Florida, was it possible that these were a semi-local only treat? Nah, can't be. I mean, they sell the things in Albertson's, Safeway and just about every other grocery chain I can think of for crying out loud. They gotta be available nation-wide, right? So I'm curious, how many of you are familiar with these wonderfully delectible treats? Are they available all accross the US, or are we here in California just special?

5 Comments:

  • At 8:44 AM PST, Blogger Michele said…

    Canadian Girl Question: what is a Safeway? Teasing. I actually know what that is but of course I have no idea what an It-Its is but I am certain it-its good.

     
  • At 11:49 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I lived in SF for three years and grubbed on those babies- now I'm in Colorado: no It's It, no In N OUt...

     
  • At 12:04 PM PST, Blogger Phil said…

    Michele: Where's Canadia? Is it one of those tiny countries on the other side of that big watery thing? ;)

    Anonymous Colorado person: How do you survive without In 'N' Out?!!?

     
  • At 6:08 AM PST, Blogger pri said…

    It could be that it's only a Californian company or that they give it a different name around the US (as it happens with soda http://www.popvssoda.com/ ).

     
  • At 10:47 PM PST, Blogger Maura said…

    I've lived on both sides of the country, and I've only ever seen It's-Its out here in CA. They're definitely not nationwide, but I do wonder whether they have them in neighboring states.

    Oh, and they ROCK! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home