Echoes in a Nomad's head

Due to problems with Blogger, I've MOVED! Come visit my new home here

Monday, January 24, 2005

Incomming!!!!

Okay, so I've noticed a rather large influx of traffic hitting my blog in the last few days. I'm not complaining, mind you. Heck, the whole point of a blog is to share one's thoughts with the world. But it's got me curious about why the sudden influx and where it's all coming from. So, if you folks would do me a little favor, let me know how you came to be here ("here" being this blog, not how you came into existance--your parents' private lives and indulgences are their own business). If it was through a web search, what engine and what were you looking for? If it was a referral, from who/where? Was it through BlogExplosion? or the "Next Blog" link at the upper right? And of course, let me know what you think of things here. Thanks

10 Comments:

  • At 9:45 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Blog Explosion!

     
  • At 11:23 AM PST, Blogger Arthur said…

    Yeah, I'm from BE. You should be able to check your referrers through your Site meter. Look on the left hand side under summary.

     
  • At 11:28 AM PST, Blogger Crys said…

    Blog explosion as well :)

     
  • At 2:01 PM PST, Blogger Agent 31 said…

    Blog Explosion.

    Check out extremetracking.com

    Free referrer tracker.

     
  • At 4:21 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I came here through BE. If you're really curious about your visitors, try http://www.precisioncounter.com/

    That's what I use. It tells you who all of the referring sites are, what search engines were used and what words were searched and it even tells you the ip address, browser and system. I like it. It's fun to know what all I've been "google'd" with.

    Heather
    http://heather-anne.com

     
  • At 5:40 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm from blogexplosion too.

    heather
    www.spiritblog.net

     
  • At 5:53 PM PST, Blogger Tony said…

    I so wanted to be different, but it's not to be as I too came here via ..you guessed ...Blogexplosion.

     
  • At 5:57 PM PST, Blogger Steve said…

    BE

    Go register and use Statcounter.com. It will tell you everything and even what search words people use. My favorite for mine was "Sactown Hot Chicks" Which puzzles me because, A) That might be a site with low content or B) Those don't exist.
    They also give your graphs and stuff. It's cool.

     
  • At 5:21 AM PST, Blogger Fence said…

    BE too. I'll add a suggestion for tracking your visitors, I use blogpatrol, which is v handy. GIves you referrer info, as well as the technolofy the surfers were using.

     
  • At 9:43 PM PST, Blogger Arethusa said…

    Site meter actually does all of the things the other counters recommended previously do; just look through statistics. :)

    I came here because you posted on my blog, and thank you kindly for doing so.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home