Echoes in a Nomad's head

Due to problems with Blogger, I've MOVED! Come visit my new home here

Friday, December 10, 2004

Remember this reminder

Or, more aptly, these reminders. First is that if you happen to find yourself in the Monterey area, now is an even more wonderfull time to visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I visitted it most recently back in late September, shortly after the arrival of the only great white shark in captivity. It's good to see that she's still doing well. While she is just a young thing, and rather small, it's still an experience worth having . . . especially watching the 100+ lb tuna scury to get out of her way


Yeah, I know this ain't a great white, but this pic came out better! Posted by Hello

Second is that 3: The Dale Earnhardt Story will be airing tomorrow night (Saturday, December 11) at 9:00 EST. So, that's 6:00 PST for us on the left coast. And, if you miss it there, it'll be airing again at 9:00 PST. I have no doubt that the movie will portray Earnhardt as an absolute saint, which he wasn't. But it should still be an interesting, inspiring show (at least I'm hoping it will be). I was never an Earnhardt fan, but always had respect for him both as a driver and a person. It's hard to believe it's been almost 4 years since his fatal crash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home