Echoes in a Nomad's head

Due to problems with Blogger, I've MOVED! Come visit my new home here

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Sushi

So, I went out and saw Shark Tale the other day. Yeah, yeah, I know . . . kids movie, right? But I generally have enjoyed the animated flicks like Antz, Bug's Life, Shrek and Toy Story. This one definitely didn't live up to those. Much of the humor was out of place snippets that were just too forced & corny. The story-line was overly simplistic.

Most annoying, the animation was actually a bit sub-par. There were several shots where the movement of the fish (sharks especially) was way off . . . were they would basically swim sideways. More than once, I could swear they were using puppets instead of CGI . . . well, more accurately, puppets with some CGI additions. The look & movement of the characters truly appeared to be puppetry, and I even caught myself looking for wires once or twice.

Anywho, if you got kids, it's worth taking them to it . . . I'm sure they'll enjoy it tremendously. But if you're like me (a grown up geek who usually likes the Disney, Pixar, etc. flicks) I don't think I can recommend it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home