Echoes in a Nomad's head

Due to problems with Blogger, I've MOVED! Come visit my new home here

Monday, September 20, 2004

Dedication, Part II

In an earlier blog entry, I had a few disparaging things to say about a certain little girl named Lori Sheirich. Having had some time to reflect upon the issue, I wish to apologize for that entry. To be clear, this is not a retraction, nor do I say that any untruths were stated. But, in making the post, I was guilty of the same level of childishness which I accused her of. Quite simply, it wasn't cool of me to do what I did (the blog entry). Not meaning to sound like a Bible thumper (though I do try to be a decent Christian), the Good Book does tell us to turn the other cheek when someone wrongs us, and to "Bless those who persecute you; bless, do not curse." So, I apologize for cursing her; apologize to her for my childish behavior; forgive her for her behavior; and hope that she forgives mine.

Now I realize that I could easily have just gone back and deleted the original blog entry. And I considered doing just that even with the apology. But, it is much better to face our mistakes than to cover them up.

I also wish to add at this time that Lori does have the potential to be a truly beautiful woman--she is very pretty, intelligent and has many key building blocks of a pleasant personality. I sincerely hope that she realizes and fullfills that potential--once she does, the man who wins her heart will be exceedingly lucky.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:07 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dude it takes a lot of courage and integrity to admit your mistakes. gotta wonder if the chick has it in her.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home