Echoes in a Nomad's head

Due to problems with Blogger, I've MOVED! Come visit my new home here

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Driving Restraint

So, I go ahead and burn a mixed CD yesterday full of good driving songs. Nice balance, if I do say so myself . . . plenty of high speed, pounding rhythms, intermixed with a few slower but still hard tunes. It's the kind of CD you want to plop in on a long drive to have fun and make the time fly (along with the car lol). Anywho, I figure I'll test it out today, since I have an hour drive up to "the city" to check out a career fair (which, BTW, was pretty much a waste of time, since there wasn't a single job offering there that I was both interested in and qualified for--plus it was a ton smaller than was implied by the advertising). So, I get in the car, drop the CD in and hit the road. And wouldn't you know it, just as Otsego Undead kicks in, thus making my right foot want to drop the hammer, there's a traffic jam. Bumper to bumper, and apparently due entirely to idiocy. There were a few signs up implying construction ahead, but no cones, no workers, no nothing . . . pretty typical with CalTrans, actually. So, people would see the signs, slow down to 15 mph (on the freeway) for a little ways, then speed it back up, then drop back down to 10 mph when they saw another sign. Friggin morons. You don't know how frustrating it can be listening to Step Up or Slave to the Grind in traffic that doesn't let you get out of 1st gear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home