Echoes in a Nomad's head

Due to problems with Blogger, I've MOVED! Come visit my new home here

Friday, March 05, 2004

100 Things About Me

Since this seems to be a common blogger thing to do . . .

1. I'm perpetually single.
2. Though not by choice.
3. I own a hyperactive Golden Retriever.
4. I've had at least 1 dog in the house since I was 2.
5. I attended my first auto race in July 1970.
6. Yes, that was 4 months before my birthdate.
7. I'm a second-hand vegetarian.
8. That means I eat things that were vegetarian.
9. There are currently 172174 movies (DVD & VHS) in my collection.
10. I have all but given up on dating girls named Lori.
11. I'm a computer geek.
12. But not good enough to be a hacker.
13. I can do division of polynomials in my head.
14. Wolves are the coolest animals ever.
15. Except for Golden Retrievers.
16. No. 15 was added by my dog.
17. My 33x great-grandfather was Robert Brus, King of Scotland.
18. My 34x great-grandfather was Edward the Longshanks, King of England--Robert's nemesis.
19. Obviously that's following different family lines.
20. I'm also my own 17th cousin.
21. I am most proud of my Irish & Scottish heritage.
22. But will likely never be caught in a kilt.
23. My legs are too blindingly white.
24. I collected comic books as a kid.
25. And played D&D.
26. Okay, I still play D&D.
27. I'm a recovering Catholic.
28. Fishing & auto racing are too sports!
29. I like all kinds of seafood.
30. As long as it's cooked--no sushi for me.
31. It's been too long since I last vaccuumed.
32. I love kung fu movies.
33. But absolutely hated Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.
34. I also love war movies.
35. But equally loathed The Thin Red Line.
36. I am amazed every day that both those movies got such high acclaim.
37. My CD collection contains at least one sample of every kind of music.
38. Except rap.
39. But yes, even reggae.
40. Okay, it's not really reggae--it's punk-reggae.
41. I don't excercise enough.
42. And adore sweets.
43. I believe Sean Connery is the only real James Bond.
44. I'm not a Republican.
45. I'm not a Democrat.
46. But I always vote.
47. I do not spoil my dog.
48. At least, not enough.
49. I have more computers than fishing poles.
50. But all my fishing poles work.
51. I'm eating fish sticks as I type this.
52. I have never, ever had a mullet.
53. Nor will I ever.
54. I like Pepsi better than Coke.
55. But don't like Pepsi's advertising.
56. I played 4 years of soccer growing up.
57. And 3 years of Little League.
58. And 2 years of football.
59. And even a year of basketball.
60. Which is probably why I don't like stick & ball sports.
61. I refuse to buy an automatic transmission car.
62. I dated Robin Williams in high school.
63. She was a 5'0" tall, blonde-haired, black-belted cutie.
64. I prefer using booze for cooking or baking than for drinking.
65. I've never experienced a hangover.
66. Because I've never been drunk enough to.
67. Guinness from the tap is the drink of the gods, though.
68. But don't ever try it from a bottle or can--gack!
69. People who type using no capitals or punctuation annoy me.
70. But not as much as idiot drivers.
71. I've lived within 30 miles of Pebble Beach for the last 20 years.
72. I've never been golfing.
73. I'm mildly arachnophobic.
74. And was even once attacked by a wild tarantula while fishing.
75. Okay, hissed at.
76. But it was still very frightening.
77. Every finger on both hands has been burned to blister at least twice.
78. Not intentionally.
79. But every time was avoidable.
80. And laughable.
81. I used to be a Civil War re-enactor.
82. I died in my first battle and saw no need to expierence that again.
83. All my bookshelves are full.
84. And there are books on my desk.
85. And on the floor.
86. And in the attic.
87. And in my parents' attic.
88. I enjoy cooking.
89. Especially stir fry.
90. And baking cakes.
91. But not decorating them.
92. I live in an area completely devoid of decent radio stations.
93. I hate going to hospitals.
94. Paper plates & plastic utensils are the greatest invention since the wheel.
95. My least favorite subject in high school was English.
96. My most favorite subject in college was English.
97. I have 5 active e-mail addresses.
98. Not including ones for work.
99. I will visit Ireland someday.
100. I hate wearing ties.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home